These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/ instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Eligibility: This Postal Service is open only to ROI residents aged 18 years and over (‘Participants’) between 06:00 on 06 November 2023 to 23:59 on 24 December 2023 (‘Postal Service Period’). Directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this Postal Service are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify Participants and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw entitlement in this Postal Service where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions. This campaign will be available online only at: www.secretsanta.cadbury.ie
2. How to Enter: Participants must locate a Cadbury Secret Santa Postal Service digital or static poster in the Republic of Ireland (selected locations) and scan the QR code when it is available. Participants will be directed to a microsite and notified if the daily limit of free giveaways is reached, with alternative options to take a paid route (products subject to availability) or enter a random prize draw (details at clause 4). To send a chocolate bar, Participants must fill in their personal details (including their full name and valid email address & mobile number) and the ROI postal address of the recipient. If the participant takes longer than 10 minutes to fill out the form, they will be provided with an error message asking them to take part when the Postal Service is open again. SMS verification may be required to validate participant entry. Participants will need to verify their identity before entering the Postal Service journey. When entering their mobile phone number, the number is checked to see if the person has already sent 1 x chocolate bar. Users will then have a code sent to their mobile number which they will enter to continue onto. As part of completing the form, Participants must choose a Cadbury 100-120g chocolate bar (includes Cadbury Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland, Cadbury Dairy Milk (original), Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo, Cadbury Dairy Milk Whole nut, Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut and Cadbury Dairy Milk Plant Bar) (‘Participating Product’) to send anonymously to a recipient (‘Postal Service’). Participants may only take part in this Postal Service once. The Cadbury Secret Santa Postal Service digital poster is a video experience only available online. During the video experience a text option to communicate with the Postal Service worker will be available. Only ROI postal addresses can be provided for a free bar selected to be sent to. The Promoter reserves the right to block people who are abusing the system by participating many times via fraudulent mobile number and sending more than 5 free bars to the same postal address.
The Promoter reserves the right to use a 'Postal Address Finder' (PAF) tool which will restrict the input of addresses to those pre-registered in the Eircode postal address system and will not be editable as a free-text field. If an address is not registered within the Eircode Address finder’s database it will not be available and the Participant will not be able to send a bar to that address if it is not listed. The Promoter reserves the right to switch this functionality on and off as required.
3. Delivery to recipient: It’s your responsibility to provide the full and correct delivery details of the recipient. There is no ability to change recipient address or details once submitted. The chosen Participating Products will be dispatched for delivery via An Post post up to 2 weeks from the date you submit your chosen Participating Product and can expect to be received by the specified recipient within 6 weeks of the dispatch date. The Promoter cannot guarantee a specific delivery date or successful delivery of your chosen Participating Product. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, delivery, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
4. Prize Draw: Unsuccessful Participants (someone who has been unable to redeem a bar) during the Postal Service Period shall have an opportunity to enter a random prize draw to win 1 of 5 chocolate hampers sent to the winner in January 2024. (‘Prize Draw’), in accordance with this clause 4 and the Terms and Conditions (as applicable):
a) Eligibility: Entry is open to anyone with the correct link in accordance with clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions who were informed during the entry stage set out at clause 2 that they were unsuccessful with sending a Participating Product to the recipient any time during the Postal Service Period, due to limited availability (Prize Draw eligibility subject further to clause 4g below).
b) How to Enter: To enter submit your personal email address when prompted. A maximum of one entry per Participant per email address is permitted during the Postal Service Period. No person may win more than 1 prize.
c) The Prize: 1 x chocolate hamper consisting of 1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar 180g, 1 x Cadbury Heroes Chocolate Carton 290g, 1 x Cadbury Roses Chocolate Carton 290g, 1 x Cadbury Curly Wurly Swirlies Bag 110g, 1 x Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Giant Buttons Bag 119g, 1 x Cadbury Bournville Dark Chocolate Bar 100g.
d) Winner Selection: 5 provisional winners will be randomly selected using a computerised random selector generator from 4th January 2024 from all valid entries received during the Postal Service Period.
e) Winner Notification: Once a winner is selected, they will be notified by email on 5 January 2024. The email will trigger a separate user experience where the recipient will be required to provide their postal address and relevant details in order to receive their prize.
f) Prize Acceptance and Redemption: The Prizes must be accepted by 12:00 on 18th January 2024. Any claims received after this date will be void. Once eligibility of a Prize is confirmed and is accepted by the winner, winner has 2 weeks to claim prize. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the responsibility of the Participant to check junk/spam to ensure they are in receipt of promotional communication. The Promoter is not responsible for a Participant making a late claim on their win if this email is missed for any reason.
g) Moderation: All Participants who are unsuccessful during the Postal Service Period have an opportunity to enter the Prize Draw but if they are subsequently found to be successful during the Postal Service Period on a separate occasion, the Promoter will remove the Participant’s entry in the Prize Draw.
h) Publicity: Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winner will be made available to anyone who requests them by using the online contact form at https://www.cadbury.ie/contact/ within 3 months of the closing date. Winners have the right to refuse this request and agreement is not a condition of Prize acceptance. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
i) The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other form of compensation.
5. The Promoter seeks to run fair and secure process and prevent abuse and cheating. If a participant enters in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, the Participant’s entry or entries (and any of their associated aliases) during the Postal Service Period or in the Prize Draw will be disqualified, any participation in the Postal Service or Prize Draw awarded may be void and recoverable, and we reserve the right to bar the Participant from entering any of our future promotional activities for a period of at least six months. For this reason, we reserve the right at any point to:
a) Verify the eligibility of Participants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Participation or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b) Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual participating in the Postal Service and/or the Prize Draw.
c) Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d) Disqualify spam, bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e) Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed (where applicable), or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly.
f) Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
6. No responsibility can be taken for entries/participation, claims or correspondence which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. The Promoter takes no responsibility for network connection failures or technical faults within the Postal Service or microsite.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses, or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by Participants, recipients or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Postal Service, Prize Draw and/or the Participating Product (including but not limited to damage such as melted, empty or broken products).
8. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
9. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Postal Service and/or Prize Draw.
10. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), damage, liabilities, costs, expenses or claims, which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Postal Service or Prize Draw or accepting or use of the Participating Product or Prize (for the avoidance of doubt this includes but is not limited to damage such as melted, empty or broke products), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
11. Data Privacy: The personal information provided by Participants in connection with the Postal Service and Prize Draw will only be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting and administering the Postal Service and Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter's Data Privacy Notice which can be found at https://privacy.mondelezinternational.com/eu/en-gb/privacy-notice/. The Promoter may disclose participant’s personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Postal Service and Prize Draw. For the avoidance of doubt and unless Participants opt in or agree otherwise, all personal information shall be anonymised, and the original data destroyed once the Postal Service has been confirmed as fulfilled and personal information of any unsuccessful Participants during both the Postal Service Period and the Prize Draw shall be destroyed (unless the unsuccessful participant opts into future marketing communications. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law.
12. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate, or temporarily suspend this Postal Service and/or Prize Draw in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any Participants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid disappointment.
14. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and affect the remainder of the provisions.
15. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
16. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
17. The application and interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Irish and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
18. Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Ireland Branch, Malahide Road, Coolock, Dublin 5