ROI 18+. Open between 00:01 on 14/11/22 – 23:59 on 24/12/22 (‘Postal Service Period’) available online only. To enter, participants must locate a Cadbury Secret Santa Postal Service digital or static poster in the Republic of Ireland (selected locations) and scan the QR code when it is available. Participants will be directed to a microsite and notified if the daily limit of free giveaways is reached (paid route still available). To send a chocolate bar, participants must fill in their personal details (incl. full name, email address) and postal address of the recipient (participants may have to queue before entering the experience). Limited time to complete form. Choose a Cadbury Dairy Milk (‘CDM’) 100-120g chocolate bar (incl. CDM Winter Wonderland, CDM (original), CDM Oreo, CDM Caramel, CDM Whole nut, CDM Fruit & Nut, CDM Plant Bar), to send anonymously to a recipient with a Republic of Ireland postal address (‘Postal Service’).
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Irish Branch, Malahide Road, Coolock, Dublin 5.
LONG FORM T&Cs :
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/ instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Eligibility: This Postal Service is open only to Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 years and over between 00:01 on 14 November 2022 to 23:59 on 24 December 2022. Directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this Postal Service are ineligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entrants and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw entitlement in this Postal Service where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions. This campaign will be available online only at: www.secretsanta.cadbury.ie
2. How to Enter: Participants must locate a Cadbury Secret Santa Postal Service digital or static poster in the Republic of Ireland (selected locations) and scan the QR code when it is available. Participants will be directed to a microsite and notified if the daily limit of free giveaways is reached, with alternative option to enter a random prize draw (details at clause 4). To send a chocolate bar, participants must fill in their personal details (including their full name and email address) and the postal address of the recipient. If the participant takes longer than 10 minutes to fill out the form, they will be provided with an error message asking them to take part when the Postal Service is open again. As part of completing the form, participants must choose a Cadbury 100-120g chocolate bar (includes Cadbury Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland, Cadbury Dairy Milk (original), Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo, Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel, Cadbury Dairy Milk Whole nut, Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut and Cadbury Dairy Milk Plant Bar) (‘Participating Product’) to send anonymously to a recipient with a Republic of Ireland postal address (‘Postal Service’). Participants may only take part in this Postal Service once. The Cadbury Secret Santa Postal Service digital poster is a video experience only available online. During the video experience a text option to communicate with the Postal Service worker will be available. Participants will be required to sign up using a valid email address. Only Republic of Ireland addresses can be provided for a free bar selected to be sent to. The promoter reserves the right to block people who are abusing the system by participating many times via fraudulent email addresses and sending more than 5 free bars to the same address.
3. Delivery to recipient: It’s your responsibility to provide the full and correct delivery details of the recipient. There is no ability to change recipient address or details once submitted. The chosen Participating Products will be dispatched for delivery via An Post up to 2 weeks from the date you submit your chosen Participating Product and can expect to be received by the specified recipient within 6 weeks of the dispatch date. The Promoter cannot guarantee a specific delivery date or successful delivery of your chosen Participating Product. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, delivery, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
4. Prize Draw: Unsuccessful participants during the Postal Service Period shall have an opportunity to enter a random prize draw to win a chance of sending a giveaway through the Postal Service (‘Prize Draw’), in accordance with this clause 4 and the Terms and Conditions (as applicable):
a) Eligibility: Entry is open only to eligible participants in accordance with clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions who were informed during the entry stage set out at clause 2 that they were unsuccessful with sending a Participating Product to the recipient any time during the Postal Service Period, due to limited availability (Prize Draw eligibility subject further to clause 4g below).
b) How to Enter: To enter submit your personal email address when prompted. A Maximum of one entry per participant per email address is permitted during the Postal Service Period. No person may win more than 1 prize.
c) The Prize: 1 x invisible token per winner (for each winner to redeem one Cadbury Dairy Milk 110g bar in accordance with clause 5f below) (‘Prize’). Total of 100 x invisible tokens available.
d) Winner Selection: 100 provisional winners will be randomly selected using a computerised random selector generator on 5th January 2023 from all valid entries received during the Postal Service Period.
e) Winner Notification: Once a winner is selected, they will be notified by email, which will include a unique URL allowing the winner to claim and send a Participating Product through the Postal Service (Terms and Conditions applicable during the Postal Service Period shall apply here).
f) Prize Acceptance and Redemption: All Prizes must be accepted by 12:00 on 20th January 2023. Any claims received after this date will be void. Once eligibility of a Prize is confirmed and is accepted by the winner, Winner has 2 weeks to claim prize. The winner enters the details of the recipient to send them a Cadbury Dairy Milk 110g bar by following a link in the confirmation email to the form. Please allow up to 2 weeks for fulfilment or despatch. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the responsibility of the participant to check junk/spam to ensure they are in receipt of promotional communication. The Promoter is not responsible for a participant making a late claim on their win if this email is missed for any reason.
g) Moderation: All participants who are unsuccessful during the Postal Service Period have an opportunity to enter the Prize Draw but if they are subsequently found to be successful during the Postal Service Period on a separate occasion, the Promoter will remove the participant’s entry in the Prize Draw.
h) Publicity: Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winner will be made available to anyone who requests them by using the online contact form at https://www.cadbury.ie/contactdetails within 3 months of the closing date. Winners have the right to refuse this request and agreement is not a condition of Prize acceptance. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority Ireland on reasonable request.
i) The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other form of compensation.
5. The Promoter seeks to run fair and secure process and prevent abuse and cheating. If a participant enters in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, the participant’s entry or entries (and any of their associated aliases) during the Postal Service Period or in the Prize Draw will be disqualified, any participation in the Postal Service or Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and we reserve the right to bar the participant from entering any of our future promotional activities for a period of at least six months. For this reason, we reserve the right at any point to:
a) Verify the eligibility of participants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Participation or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b) Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual participating in the Postal Service and/or the Prize Draw.
c) Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d) Disqualify spam, bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e) Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed (where applicable), or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly.
f) Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
6. No responsibility can be taken for entries/participation, claims or correspondence which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. The Promoter takes no responsibility for network connection failures or technical faults within the Postal Service or microsite.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses, or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by participants, recipients or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Postal Service, Prize Draw and/or the Participating Product (including but not limited to damage such as melted, empty or broken products).
8. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
9. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Postal Service and/or Prize Draw.
10. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), damage, liabilities, costs, expenses or claims, which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Postal Service or Prize Draw or accepting or use of the Participating Product or Prize (for the avoidance of doubt this includes but is not limited to damage such as melted, empty or broken products), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
11. Data Privacy: The personal information provided by participants in connection with the Postal Service and Prize Draw will only be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting and administering the Postal Service and Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter's Data Privacy Notice which can be found at https://eu.mondelezinternational.com/privacy-notice. The Promoter may disclose participant’s personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Postal Service and Prize Draw. For the avoidance of doubt and unless participants opt in or agree otherwise, all personal information shall be destroyed once the Postal Service has been confirmed as fulfilled and personal information of any unsuccessful participants during both the Postal Service Period and the Prize Draw shall be destroyed (unless the unsuccessful participant opts in to future marketing communications. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law.
12.If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate, or temporarily suspend this Postal Service and/or Prize Draw in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any participants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavors to avoid disappointment.
14. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
15. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
16. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
18. Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Irish Branch, Malahide Road, Coolock, Dublin 5.