a. All Retailers: This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Channel Islands aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
b. Poundland Exclusive: This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
c. Tesco exclusive: This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Purchase is necessary, excluding Northern Ireland residents: see clause 5 for further details. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, but within the Promotion Period, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive their Prize. Internet access and a valid email address are required.
3. Promotion Period:
a. All Retailers: Enter between 10.00 BST on the 11 July 2022 and 17.00 BST on the 07 October 2022 inclusive.
If you have purchased your Mystery Bar from one of the below retailers during the Promotion Period listed below, you will be entered into the additional retailer prize draw, as well as the All Retailer prize draw.
b. Tesco: Enter between 10.00 BST on the 03 August 2022 and 17.00 BST on the 13 September 2022 inclusive any entries outside of these dates will go into the All Retailers draw only.
c. Poundland: Enter between 10.00 BST on the 25 July 2022 and 17.00 BST on the 25 September 2022 inclusive any entries outside of these dates will go into the All Retailers draw only.
4. To Enter: Purchase one or both of the Cadbury Mystery Bars (Mystery Bar N0.1; Mystery Bar N0.2), then visit mysterybars.cadbury.co.uk, and guess the flavour of the bar and complete the online form providing your details (full name, address, phone number, email address), place of purchase and which Mystery Bar your guess is for. If you guess correctly you will be entered into the Prize Draw.
5. No Purchase Necessary (NPN) Route. Only for Residents of Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland residents only may enter without a purchase. Send your name and address to: PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF and a random number process, overseen by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, will determine if your entry is a winner and the prize. Only one entry per stamped envelope. Only winners will be notified. All valid NPN entries will be entered into the Promotion on your behalf. All NPN entries will be given an equal and random chance of winning a Prize. Please consider the timings of this Promotion and factor in time for your entry to reach us and at least 3 working days for it to be processed. Only one entry per postcard or letter. Address the envelope to:
a. JS12670 Cadbury Mystery Bar All Retailers
b. JS12856 Cadbury Mystery Bar Tesco
c. JS12859 Cadbury Mystery Bar Poundland
6. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person per day per bar (Mystery Bar Flavour (01, 02)) during the Promotion Period. One itemised receipt per entry receipt must state the time and date of purchase, which must pre-date the entry date and time, but be within the Promotion Period. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
7. The Prizes: The prizes vary depending on the participating store where you purchase your Mystery Bars from, as follows:
a. All Retailers: There will be a total of 2 winners, 1 per mystery bar. Each winner will win either 1 x £/€5k bespoke holiday OR 1 x £/€5k cash prize OR 1 x £/€5k bespoke adventure holiday.
Prize to be randomly allocated as part of the mystery.
b. Tesco: There will be a total of 20 winners.
i. 1 x £5,000 cash.
ii. 19 x £250 cash.
c. Poundland: There will be a total of 5 winners. Each winner will win 1 x £/€500 Red Letter Day E-Voucher OR €500 AllGifts.ie vouchers
For the avoidance of doubt, a winner may win a prize from the main prize draw in addition to a retailer specific prize.
8. Further Entry & Prize Details and Conditions:
a. If there are no correct guesses of the flavour of the mystery bar, all entries will go into the Prize Draw.
b. When entering your guess of flavour of the mystery bar, spelling errors will be allowed provided the answer is still legible.
c. All Retailers:
i. The Winner will create their own bespoke holiday OR bespoke adventure holiday with the £/€5,000.
ii. The bespoke adventure holiday could include paddle boarding in Lake Windermere, skiing in Austria or scuba diving in Greece for example.
iii. The Prize has to be taken within 1 year from Prize Acceptance.
iv. The Winner will liaise with the prize fulfilment agency to create and book the Prize. The Prize will be booked by the prize fulfilment agency. The Winner
will be given at least 8 weeks’ notice to arrange the Prize.
v. The bespoke holiday OR bespoke adventure holiday cannot be taken during public bank holidays, Easter and Christmas/ New year holidays.
vi. If the bespoke holiday or bespoke adventure holiday chosen by the Winner exceeds the £/€5,000 budget, the Winner will have to pay the difference.
vii. Certain parts of the prize may require particular levels of health or fitness. Entrants should ensure that they are capable of meeting the required
viii. The Winner cannot use the £/€ 5,000 budget to travel to a war zone or countries bordering a war zone.
ix. The winner and their guest/s will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the
responsibility of the winner and their guest/s. In the event the winner or their guest/s is/are unable to travel due to visa or other personal
circumstances, no alternative tickets will be issued, and no compensation or other prize will be provided.
x. Guests below the age of 18 must provide written parental consent to travel unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
xi. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions.
xii. It will be the winner’s and (if applicable) their guest’s responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited
to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
xiii. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
xiv. Should the bespoke holidays include any guests under 18, you must ask either a parent or guardian for parental consent and provide emergency contact
details for them.
xv. Redemption of the Prize is subject to Government guidelines and lockdown measures which can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
xvi. If Government guidelines restrict redemption of the Prize in their current form, the Promoter will work with the winners to discuss moving the prize to a
later date (if applicable) or issuing an alternative prize.
xvii. At all times, the Promoter will have the discretion as to how to implement the Prize fulfilment.
i. The Prize will be paid into a valid UK bank account.
ii. Winners are responsible for providing correct bank account details and the Promoter will not be liable for any Prize payments made into the wrong bank
i. Further information about the Red Letter Day E-voucher can be found here. The Red Letter Day E-Voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of Prize
ii. AllGifts.ie terms and conditions can be found here. The voucher will expire 5 years from date of Prize Acceptance.
9. Winner Selection:
a. All Retailers: 2 winners, 1 per bar, will be randomly selected from all valid entries received which have guessed correctly during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
b. Tesco: 20 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received, regardless of which Mystery Bar, which have guessed correctly during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
c. Poundland: 5 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received, regardless of which Mystery Bar, which has been guessed correctly during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
10. Winner Notification: Provisional winners will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
11. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their prize within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing: a)All Retailers: firstname.lastname@example.org, b) Tesco: email@example.com , c) Poundland: firstname.lastname@example.org. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
12. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winner will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to: a) All Retailers: JS 12670 Cadbury Mystery Bars, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF, b) Tesco: JS12856 Cadbury Mystery Bar Tesco, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF, c)Poundland: JS12859 Cadbury Mystery Bar Poundland, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF within 3 months of the closing date. In the event they win, winners may request their surname and county are not published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
13. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
14. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotions and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
15. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize for another of equal or greater value.
16. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
17. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to mysterybars.cadbury.co.uk.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, malware incident, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors, competition partners (including Pageant Organising Committee) and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
21. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
22. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions
23. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
24. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch, Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.